Monday, November 13, 2017
1. Math pages 243 and 244
2. Reading: Read for 40 minutes and log. Stop and jot any tricky words that you come across to and explain how you used the prefix, suffix or the root word to define it. Bring in books or articles on your non fiction topic that you can use for research.
3. Writing: Finish your feature article. Look back at all of your news report articles and try to find another pattern. Write it down in your Writer's Notebook.
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
1. Math: WB pgs. 249-250
2. Read 40 minutes and have your log signed
Make sure you have 2 sources for your nonfiction report
3. Take home Scholastic magazine and complete the Text feature activity
4. Complete today's feature article in Writer's NB
Bring your $10 for Thanksgiving celebration
Wednesday November 15th, 2017
1. Reading read your IR book and log. Use text complexity and strategy cards while reading. Stop and jot at least three strategies that you used.
2. Writing: Write a new feature article
3. Math: pages 255 and 256
Bring in $10 for Thanksgiving celebration
1/2 day tomorrow
Thursday, November 16 ,2017
1. Math WB pgs. 261-262
2. Read 40 minutes of nonfiction and have your log signed. In your Reader's NB, write at least 3 questions that you had while reading
Please send in $10.00 for Thanksgiving celebration
Friday, November 17,2017
1. Math WB pgs. 267-268
2. Read 40 minutes 2 nights of nonfiction and have your reading log signed. Readers NB- write a response using any strategy for nonfiction (note-taking, vocabulary, text structure etc...)
3. Use the website on the STEAM sheet and answer the questions
4. Research your nonfiction topic
$10.00 for Thanksgiving feast due by Tuesday!